Monday, August 3, 2009

Sangean ATS-505P FM Stereo/MW/LW/SW PLL Synthesized World Receiver Review


I was looking for a radio that I could take camping with the assumption that I would have difficulty picking up stations, especially out in more remote western regions. I have only purchased one table radio in the past and do not know anything about radios unlike many people reviewing these. I have absolutely no 'professional' background in radios.

I researched on the net for some time and found Sangean continuously mentioned --- not always in the best light, but generally favorable.

I have found that the radio does have a really nice, clean sound. I have a far less expensive table top radio at home, but one that has nice, and larger speakers, than the Sangean. But the Sangean is as good, if not better, sound-wise.

The Sangean also picks up far more stations than my 'average' table radio which was my primary concern. I can't tell you if it's better or worse than other comparably priced radios, just much better than my 'average' home radio.

I do have to agree with some other reviewers that the radio has somewhat of a 'cheap' feel and look. But, the radio does perform as I hoped.

My only other, small negative is that the radio comes without 'feet'. I always have the FM antenane extended, and the radio will not sit up with the weight of that turned to the side. I'm going to have to fabricate something so it sits upright on a flat surface.


Buy it here now!

0 comments: